Friday, May 12, 2006
1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Noro...I like the varigated colors and you can use it in so many things, sweaters, felting. I go in many different directions in real life!
2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I enjoy the full spectrum of colors. It generally depends on the project and recipient.
3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Yes. I made a striped felted bag and I am making a vest with varigated yarn.
4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
Again, depends on the project. Acrylic/washables for baby items, cotton or lightweight wool for clothing for me, and novelty for other stuff! Currently I am in an "alpaca" phase.
5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
I'm not sure what constitutes "organic." I'd like to try some of the more unusual yarns, like bamboo.
7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
A sweater for me, several scarves, and a prayer shawl for a friend.
8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Oh probably! I'd like to have a baby blanket on hand if the need arises for a quick gift. My husband mentioned that I could knit him some socks.
9. What is your favorite one skein project?
From the book, I want to try the tank top, the baby bolero, a clutch, some cupcakes.... Maybe I should just start at the front and make one of everything!
10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
My stash is rather pitiful...just leftovers from other projects! I have a zippered tote bag by the sofa to store it, away from my cats.
11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
No, I have only purchased yarn for specific projects that get started right away. I do my fondling and coveting of fancy yarn at my mom's yarn store!
12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
Actually, I will probably knit more this summer! I teach high school, so I can use the summer vacation as 100% craft time...split between quilting during the day and knitting in front of the TV.
13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
I only manage to attend my local SnB once a month. But I work Saturdays at a yarn store, so that's like a knittting group! I have a selection of favorite knitting blogs that I visit almost daily, but I'm not an official member of any webrings.