Saturday, May 20, 2006

The secret sweater

In previous posts, I have mentioned this sweater, my current knitting project. It's not really a secret, I just never got around to taking a picture! Here, you can see that I am almost done with section 2 - right back. I have already finished section 1 - left front and I am looking forward to repeating the process with left back and right front.
I am using a DK weight alpaca yarn from Royal Fiber, in blue, heather and multi-colors, on US #3s. It should be just right for winter in Phoenix, layered over a t-shirt! Hopefully, I will have it complete by November, but considering it took me almost a year to get to this point, don't hold your breath.
This is my second sweater project. The first was a t-shirt sweater pattern, knit in Butterfly Super 10 cotton. It is sitting in the closet, waiting for blocking. I have procrastinated on that so long, that now it is probably too hot to wear for another six months. I'll have to set a reminder for September, block the sweater, then I can wear it the week before the vest! (Here in the desert, we only have a small window of sweater-wearing temperatures, so it's good to plan ahead.)

No comments: