Saturday, February 17, 2007

Onto the next thing

One week until the Rockin Sock Club yarn gets mailed! And probably another week to arrive in my mailbox. It's like counting down to Christmas, yipee!! I want to be able to cast on right away when my RSC kit arrives, so I am in the planning stages with the two skeins pictured. On the left is "Stars and Stripes" by Fortissima. I am thinking of a plain ribbed leg and stockinette foot to let the sel-patterning yarn really shine. On the right is my Socktoberfest yarn from Scout. The plan is to create a pair of Halloween knee-highs for October '07. I need to get some contrasting plain yarn for the cuff, heel and toe. Black or purple...what do you suggest?

And the top shows the alpaca yarn for my current project. I started the Left Back of a sweater vest. All knit stitches, so it works up very quickly. The multi-color alternates for a striped vest. After the left back panel is finished, I just have to knit a small wedge and seam the 5 pieces together. Good thing I have lots of TV to watch this weekend...that means quality knitting time. (On the schedule: Amazing Race, Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters on Sunday, 24 on Monday)

I wore my Jaywalkers to school yesterday. It made me so happy to look at my feet :-) I will need to adjust my wardrobe to better showcase the hand-knits.

Plans for the three-day weekend...taxes (yuck, but not very painful with the adoption tax credit!). Monday I will run down to the LQS for some backing and batting. Last night I finished the Color Blocks top. I think today I will pull out my 2005 Blocks of the Month...that project got stalled in month 7! It's a Marti Michell pattern, so there are lots of little pieces to cut out with templates.

I want to take a long walk with Baby K today to enjoy the 80 degree weather. My condolences to those of you in the frozen tundra of the Midwest!!

2 comments:

bonitapita said...

Hi, Andi. I left a comment for you on the Rockin' Sock Blog. Did you edit your original post? I could have sworn you mentioned the "Stars and Stripes" yarn (otherwise I wouldn't have commented about them). I thought I was going crazy until I visited your blog and saw you were the one that had that yarn.

Anyway, I think my comment is still there.

Looking forward to getting to know you and all the other sock knitters!

bonitapita said...

Hi, again, Andi. I wanted to answer your question about the caterpillar but I wasn't sure you would return to my blog and, for some reason, blogger doesn't let you "reply" to comments (or at least not that I've figured out).
You can find the caterpillar at http://www.spunmag.com/article/caterpillar.html Its fun and quick.
Thanks for the comment!
Tanya