Friday, June 22, 2007

A new quilt

I had the urge to piece rather than work at the longarm the last couple days. I sketched out a row quilt that incorporates some pictures of Baby K, and then I used EQ5 to come up with measurements. I decided on 5 rows: log cabins, friendship stars, paper pieced hearts, pinwheels and sawtooth stars. The pictures include grandparents and aunts and uncles, so it will be a fun family-album type wall-hanging.
Here is the heart block, and the kaleidoscope block that is now an orphan...the center has too many points coming together and it doesn't lay flat so I substituted the log cabins!

My parents just got back from a tour of China, and they brought lots of souvenirs for Baby K. Here she is getting to know a panda bear. I think she likes it!
We couldn't let her play with it very long, because it is holding a silk bamboo shoot, which Baby K bit and started to shred. She does this with all her stuffed animals...takes a big bite and pulls off a mouthful of fuzz. I hope this phase ends soon! She is also chewing the bindings off most of her books :-(
Happy mail!!! My June Rockin Sock kit arrived today, but I haven't opened it yet...it's late, and I think I'd rather see it in the daylight. Plus, I have two other socks on the needles, so
it will be a few weeks before I can cast on a new pattern. I guess I'm just a weirdo who likes to anticipate things! The only hint I've heard about this month's yarn is a keyword "fire" - red yarn with a lacy flame type pattern??? Come back tomorrow and it will be revealed!


3 comments:

CONNIE W said...

She looks like a big dolly, so sweet. Babies are wonderful!

Samantha said...

Cute shot with the panda bear. The quilt sounds great!

Jo Raines said...

I often miss the baby days. Mine are now 17 and 5' 8" and 15 and 6' 2" and 205 lbs. (our son) and getting ready to start third grade at nearly 5'.