Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Waiting...

Does this look like a sick child to you?


I didn't think so. But, she was running a low fever - just over the acceptable limit for daycare, so I got an unexpected day off on Monday. Then, on Tuesday afternoon, I got to the parking lot and my car was dead. What's next?!?

Good news, though. My first Solstice Slip sock is done. It's the Firebird colorway for the Rockin Sock Club. Pooling on the foot: Side view...
And a detail shot of the pattern and my first-ever picot bind-off!

I kept the sock a little short because I got bored. Sad, huh? It's beautiful yarn and I think the picot edge is a fun detail. Maybe I need a basic pair of socks when I have such wonderful colors! I'm thinking of knitting a sundress for Baby K in this yarn too. I know I've said before that it reminds me of a summer popsicle!

No comments: