Sunday, December 28, 2008

Short Recap

Christmas was delightful! We gave Baby K a garbage truck...not because we are enamored of a "gender neutral" toybox, but because she is fascinated by them. Last week we had to follow a trash truck through the neighborhood before going to school! The other big hits were Play-Doh and a tricycle.

After 4 months (I wish I had kept a detailed log of my quilting time) I finished quilting the Hawaiian Star for my mom. Here is a close up of some of the background fill and the outer border.
She was too busy on Friday to take a full size picture, but I will post one in a week or so. I was very intimidated by this project, but once I started it was a joy to work on. There are portions that I would do differently...aren't there always?...but overall I think it looks great. Next up - one quick charity project and then I need to tackle my entry for the March AQG show.

No comments: