A meme from Amy...
1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
"Individuals who are economic liberals and cultural conservatives tend to support government action both to promote the values of economic equality and fairness and to defend traditional values such as the family and marriage." A high school government textbook. (But I thought you taught math? Why yes, I'm multi-talented! I teach both!)
2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
Nothing for about 20 feet...my desk is in the far right corner of the classroom facing the students, so there is open space to my left.
3. What's the last program you watched on tv? Local news this morning before I left for work.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
About 12:57...I looked a couple minutes ago when a student asked for the bathroom pass!
5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
Teenage angst...they had a short assignment today so most are finished and just talking about what happened at lunch.
6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
An hour ago, I walked to the cafeteria with a fellow teacher. It's sunny and beautiful here in Arizona!
7. What are you wearing?
Tan pants and a staff polo shirt (navy blue)
8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I did dream, just give me a minute to remember...I think I was getting ready for a formal dance with someone and it was in a weird place, like on a train or something.
9. When was the last time you laughed?
Last night when our choir director was telling jokes.
10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
Whiteboards with class information and bulletin boards with cheesy posters
11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
Teenagers! I am at a typical suburban school... there are quite a few weird piercings and strange outfits.
12. What do you think about this meme?
Good job coming up with different questions!
13. What's the last film you saw?On TV or at the cinema?
B. and I watched "Paper Clips" - a documentary about a Holocast project in rural Tennessee. DVD.
14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Give alot of it to a charity...probably something like World Vision. Oh, and buy my mom's quilt store!
15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
I have lots of freckles and as a kid, I imagined patterns with them...like the little dipper around my belly button, LOL.
16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
Acceptance of others, especially people with different beliefs
17. Do you like dancing?
I haven't done any in YEARS. I like formal dances, like when the swing craze hit in the 90's
18. Last crafty endeavour?
Working on the batik quilt on my longarm
19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
I have always thought Hannah and Gabrielle were pretty for girls and Steven and Michael for boys...but then we named our first Kendra because we wanted a K name in honor of her birthmother. So, I've realized it's one of those things that you can't plan too far in advance!
20. What amused you recently?
My students were amazed that finding the volume of a 3-D object is so easy. They kept asking "So, what's the trick? When does it get hard?" I love it when my remedial class thinks something is easy!