Saturday, March 17, 2007

Friday night knit club

Here is Baby K in her 7 month bunny picture: It is so fun to look back at all the pictures. I am going to combine them into a poster when she's a year old.

Now that she's mobile, she like to crawl across the room and get into her toy box.

On to the knitting! I kept measuring and trying on the sock to see if it was time to start the heel. This looks about right, but I went ahead and knit about 4 more rows to get the exact measurement.

You can see the heel taking shape...just a few more short rows and I'll start my first cable, woo-hoo! The curved needle in front is the stitch holder. Quite a pain to juggle that...I'll try waste yarn on sock #2. And I'm not a big fan of the Susan Bates metal DPNs that I'm using. My hands get sore! Any Rockin Sock knitters out there - I've seen alot of comments about going up to a size 2 for the leg...pros and cons??? Take a look at my yarn "cake" on the left. It's starting to fall apart and become a cone! I'll post a better picture this weekend. Spring Break has arrived, thank goodness. I'm planning to visit Stitch-n-Bitch this week after months of being too busy!

2 comments:

Emma said...

My yarn cakes always become really untidy too. Too bad they can't stay all neat and pretty the whole way through. pretty baby!

Connie said...

Yay! You're coming! See ya Tuesday.